This workshop covers the processes by which institutions customize existing metadata standards, exchange and harvest metadata, transform metadata from one standard to another and migrate metadata to a newer standard. Topics to be covered include: metadata quality factors, application profiles, the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting, metadata crosswalks and stylesheets.
- Understand why institutions want to customize metadata
- Analyze the role of application profiles in customizing application profiles
- Understand the role of XML namespaces
- Outline the process of creating an application profile
- Learn methods of exchanging, transforming and migrating metadata
December 14, 2015
11:00 am - 1:00 pm